Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jack

So we did it.  We broke down and got Paige a dog for Christmas.  I was the only one holding out against a dog.  I had my rules in place.  He must be small- he is.  He must not shed- he does not ( I sound like tons of fun).  No puppy-- he is over one year old. Must be from the Humane Society- he is  Must be potty trained--he is.  Must make Paige more excited than I have seen her-- he did!! 

We went to "look" at the Humane Society in Lincoln.  Paige fell in love with him.  We got to take him to a room to play with him.  He fit in with our family and was great with the girls.  I looked at Rob and said "OK".  We said we had to think about it and then I took the girls home.  Rob had met me there.  He pretended to get in his car.  We left and then he went back in and got Jack.  Then he came home and surprised Paige.  Jack has been a great dog so far and I am starting to like him :)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Paige looks very happy :) And good for you on the no puppy and Humane Society rules - I think mature dogs make better pets for children, and I'm sure Jack was thankful to get such a great family for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete