Friday, November 11, 2011

Yes you can ( A message to my daughters)

Dear Paige, Abby and DeeDee,
      There will come a time in your young lives where someone will tell you that you can not do something.  I am here to tell you, yes you can.
    
 Grandma and Grandpa were told when I was young that I had a foot problem and that I would never be a runner :  I think I completed a half marathon last May, I think that makes me a runner!
          
I was told in second grade that I could not sing and I should "mouth the words".  I think I have sang many songs that have calmed my children to sleep.  To my children I can sing

I was also told that I was not creative when I tried to make my art project just like my teachers and failed.  I have since made many scrapbooks, cards, jewelery and decorated our house and had people offer to pay me for my creativity ( that I did not have).

I was told I was so shy that I could never give a speech.  I have won two different speech contests one in Jr. high school and one is high school, I am even still surprised I could do this :)

I was also told that I would not have children.  I have three beautiful daughters that I am able to write this note to.

If you want to do it, give it a try.  Do not let anyone tell you that you can't do it.  You are the one that gets to decide what you want and do not want to do. 

You are beautiful, you are special and you will always have me cheering you on in whatever you decide to do because I believe you can and I believe you will

Love, MOM

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Meghan that was wonderful. I am so proud of you. I love you and your family.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me cry on a Saturday morning? Not right! What an amazing story you have, I love that there is so much more I have to learn about yoU :). You are an amazing mom & I know you'll continue to support and inspire your daughters no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Meghan, you are an amazing person and you and your daughters are beautiful inside and out. Thank you for sharing this, it made my morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg, BEAUTIFULLY said!! And you made me cry! (but in a good way!) This post describes what I've always know...you are an AMAZING mom, sister, wife & friend! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Meghan! I love this post, such beautiful words. Your daughters are blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete