Sunday, August 12, 2012

Why not TRY??

Today I can cross one of my goals off my list. Do a Triathlon- check! I have wanted to Try one for about a year.  I found one close to home and it was called the Women's Only TRYathlon.  It was perfect.  300 yard swim, 6 mile bike ride and 2 mile run.  I did all this in 50 minutes and 13 seconds.  I was 8th in my age group and our age group started first so it felt pretty good.  I am a member of a group on Facebook called Sole Sisters, most of us are stay at home moms that like to run.  I shared my goal on there and that is how I got these two other wonderful women to join me that day.  It was nice to have people to share my goal with and train with and support me.  My mom and dad, sisters Jenny and Katie and Paige came out to cheer me on.  I just LOVE the sign that Paige made me,  We all did so great and felt like super stars.  There was a time in my life when I did not feel very strong, doing events like this make me feel so much stronger than I ever thought I could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment