Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Biking Challenge!!

Nothing compares with the simple pleasure of a bike ride.
-John F. Kennedy



So I am challenging myself and anyone reading my Blog.  We are going to try to use our car as little as possible this summer and bike, or walk instead.   I am not done working until Thursday so we can not give up the car totally until then.  Today was our first challenge.  We road to the library, it was 4 miles round trip.  It was not easy the hills were tough.  I was pulling on extra 60 pounds up the hills. It may not be as easy as I thought.  We plan to bike to Holmes lake next week for Paige's Bright Lights class and then everyday to Eden pool and twice a week to the library.  I will let you know how it goes.  I told Rob if I can run 13 miles I can bike that far.  No as easy as it sounds.  Paige is not so sure about our goal anymore.  She agrees about the environmental reasons but say it is harder that she thought.  I will keep you updated 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't remember to ask you last week, how is the biking challenge going? Good job on your races last weekend! Triathlon should be easy after pulling 60 lbs :)

    ReplyDelete