Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Run Run as fast as you can




So in the morning Saturday a group of us from my mom's group formed a team for the Havelock Charity Run team name Sole Sisters.  We placed third place!!  They got rid of the women's division this year so we were in a mixed division so that was AWESOME!!!  We did great.  It was a 3K and even though I ran it 6 seconds slower that I did last year it felt great.  I normally am not able to run at such a fast pace for my longer runs so it feels good to run fast.  We had a mix of runners on our team from a girl who has run a full marathon to people who were running their first race.  It is such a great group of women supporting each other and a fun fun time!!

Sunday Rob and I did our Warrior Dash.  This was kind of crazy.  The running part was way harder that I thought.  It started with a big hill , then more hills and more hills.  I told Rob I would stay with him since he is not a runner but I was secretly glad when we wanted to walk at times :)  The obstacles were challenging but not too challenging just enough to be fun and not too hard.  I thought I was going to have to stay in the mud put forever, I could not get out but Rob was nice and helped me.  He also then beat me by one second and will tell everyone he sees that he beat me.  He loved it and is already talking about doing it again.  It was a fun time. I am proud of him and we got some pretty cool helmets to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment