Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What have we been doing all summer?

YUP that is about it :)  Well worth the money the girls love this pool.


Biking Challenge update: not going as well as planned. The first day we biked to Holmes Lake about three miles from my door to where Paige's fishing class was meeting 6 mile round trip.  Not too far, but the hills!  Pulling 60 pounds, the extra amount of time it took to get there.  We biked up right at 9 when the class started.  Paige pulled off her helmet and her head was all sweaty and I was out of breath and had a hard time talking to the teacher.  I then decided I would let Abby and Delaney play at the park while Paige was at class then we would all bike back.  Well Delaney had to go potty and the potty was far away so I biked them to the potty.  When we got to the potty Delaney told me it was too bumpy and she could not hold it, so home we went for more clothes.  I then decided to drive back I was tired, I had to clean out the bike trailer for Ds accident and it was HOT!  So...we drove the rest of the week.  Biking Challenge fail :( We do bike to the library , four miles round trip and the park.  This week A and D have VBS and that is not a "bikeable" distance.  We will start up again next week and bike to the pool for swim team for Paige.

I have signed up to try a triathlon.  It is a women's only super sprint triathlon.  It is a 300 yard swim, a 6 miles bike ride and a 2 mile run.  Two friends from my moms group have also decided to do it with me so that is exciting. 

Paige just told me today that she want to do it too.  They have a division that is shorter half the distance of everything so I have to see if they have a minimum age, it would be fun to have her do this with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment