Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Break Fun

So what have we been up to?  We had a great Christmas.  Fun age for the girls and Paige got everything she wanted as well.  Paige's new thing is called Bey blades they are spinning top things that you launch.  I tried  to play with her and I am not all that good, I launched the top out of the "arena".  She also received tons of books and has been reading a lot and has many Barnes and Noble Bookstore gift cards to spend.  Delaney is loving all her princesses and Barbies, she is pretty cute when you listen to her play with them.  Abby loves games and her favorite right now is "Don't Break the Ice" we play it many many times per day.  She also love "Elefun" and her new letter writer that teaches her how to make all the letters.

We have gone to Morril Hall and have had nice enough weather to play outside at a park.  The girls have new roller skates and skate around the house for fun.  Yesterday we made New Years Eve shakers with paper plates and beans and glitter.  BIGGEST MESS ever!!  They had fun and Paige was in charge of the art project and listening to her I thin she could be a future teacher.  She was not too concerned about the mess but did help me clean up :) .

Abby funny update ( well funny to everyone reading).  I has helping Delaney in the bathroom yesterday and Abby has asked me to peal her orange for her.  I had not done it yet because Delaney need me in the bathroom.  I came out and Abby had gotten the glue and glued her orange and a few ice pieces from her "Don't Break the Ice" game to the floor. In a nice little line.  The glue had not dried yet but she told me it was because I did not peal her orange for her.  I do not follow her thinking at times,she glues the orange she wants to eat to the floor.  Oh ABBY! 

Tonight the girls are going to Party with Grandma and Grandpa.  Rob and I are going to dinner with the sisters, brother and BIL, then we are going to on of my best friends house for a small get-to-gather.  It should be fun.  Rob has to work at 11 which is a bummer :(  He has only had one NYE off work in the whole time I have known him.  We call each other at midnight and wish each other Happy New Year!

We are going to Florida in a week.  I am really excited.  Rob won the trip from Amigos and it is a group trip to Walt Disney World.  The vote was to not bring children, I was at first super bummed that the kids could not go.  I think we will have a good time and have researched fun things to do.  Paige is a little bummed but I know she will have fun with Grandma and Papa and I promise to bring them back some cool stuff! 

Happy New Year to everyone who is reading this.  It has been a good year.  We have been in our house for a year.  We have had our dog Jack for a year.  Paige is doing awesome her last year of Elementary School, the girls like preschool, I am still working part time at UNL, Rob still likes his job even if he does work all the time.  We hope 2012 is a great new as well.  Happy New year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment